Re: handling fallback content for still images (www-archive)

On Thu, 05 Jul 2007 16:34:43 +0200, Robert Burns <rob@robburns.com> wrote:
>> So far I haven't seen much activity in the getting user agents more
>> interopable area. Most of it is people requesting a <burger/> element
>> to be included in the next version of HTML. And complaints about some
>> explicit accessibility features from HTML 4 that are not included in
>> the current draft because several use cases were not considered and not
>> much research was done in the area.
>
> I can't imagine how our WG can't be about interoperability.

Me neither.

> As for <burger/> element, the closest thing we have to a <burger/>

These are not requested, these are being implemented. The specification is
there to make sure they are implemented in an interoperable way. They help
making HTML a more viable open alternative to Flash, Flex, Silverlight,
etc.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>