Re: Ã?sthetic Permissive License - For Approval

From: Sean B. Palmer <sean@miscoranda.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 19:55:26 +0000
To: "John Cowan" <cowan@ccil.org>
Cc: license-review@opensource.org, www-archive@w3.org

On Dec 19, 2007 5:13 PM, John Cowan <cowan@ccil.org> wrote:

> Here's my suggested revision, which consists of adding the fourth
> non-blank line as a patent license and advisory:

If sale and use must be mentioned for OSI approval, that's fine. The
OSI approved Fair License doesn't mention sale, however, and the FSF's
All-Permissive License mentions neither sale nor use.

If we're moving away from those inspirations I would moreover prefer:

Copyright <Year>, <Entity Name and Optional Metadata>

Entities may use, copy, sell, and distribute this work, with or without
modification, provided this entire instrument is preserved as a notice.

DISCLAIMER: THIS WORK IS WITHOUT WARRANTY.

--
Sean B. Palmer, http://inamidst.com/sbp/