Re: please clarify critical issues in HTML Desing Principles review survey

From: Joshue O Connor <joshue.oconnor@cfit.ie>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 17:05:27 +0100
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Cc: danny@scm.uws.edu.au, matt@mattotto.com, dean@55.co.nz, Maurice Carey <maurice@thymeonline.com>, Roger Johansson <roger@456bereastreet.com>, jason@jasonjgw.net, Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>, andrew@andrewmaben.com, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, www-archive <www-archive@w3.org>, Chris Wilson <Chris.Wilson@microsoft.com>

Dan Connolly wrote:
> Joshue O Connor, your comment under "do you support
> publication" doesn't seem to correspond to the "Strongly
> Disagree" answer you gave above. You
> say "An explicit commitment to accessibility needs to be included."
> but you don't refer to any text that would address your concern.
> If at all possible, please do.

I agree with Steve when he suggested that accessibility be an explicit
part of the Universal Access principle [1]. Thats what I was thinking of
when I included it in the "Do you support publication" question.

I gave two "Strongly Disagrees" to both the 'Avoid Needless Complexity"
and "Secure by Design" principles as I think they are useless and should
ideally be dropped. I thought I was pretty clear in my comments.

Let me know if you need any more info.

Josh

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2007Aug/0663.html