Re: [XBL] XBL 2.0 subtree or XML Fragment body

Le 5 oct. 06 à 16:20, Bjoern Hoehrmann a écrit :
> * Karl Dubost wrote:
>> Though I'm not a big fan of 76 characters lines which breaks awfully
>> in long threads or in the fact that do not resize if I decide to have
>> a small window in my mailer.
>
> Yes, mail user agents are typically not smart enough to determine
> how to
> re-format e-mails, that is precisely why you should stick to some ~76
> characters limit. If I'd like to respond to one of your exceedingly
> long
> lines, I would have to manually wrap the text so you get

Which I would have to do if you want 76 characters long line. I would
have to manually wrap them ;)

> Maybe my client should be smart enough to handle this, but then so
> should be yours.

So you mean we have two clients with opposite behaviours ;)
Interoperability testing and implementation reports?

# Mine

# Yours

Maybe I should modify my script to send a bit more headers to have
format=flowed.
Will it make it easier for your mailer?

   QA Weblog - http://www.w3.org/QA/
      *** Be Strict To Be Cool ***