Re: euler state of the art?

From: <jos.deroo@agfa.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 21:48:54 +0100
To: connolly@w3.org
Cc: www-archive@w3.org

Dan Connolly wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-11-06 at 18:52 +0100, jos.deroo@agfa.com wrote:
> >
> > The euler5 prolog version is best run as RESTfull webservice
> > (see again http://eulersharp.sourceforge.net/README)
> > as it needs the euler1 java version to do the N3->YAP
> OK, I got Yapp installed, and I'm working on the Codd stuff...
> One quick question while I'm at it: what about built-ins
> that call out to the Web, like log:semantics? Should
> I expect that to work in this java/prolog/REST setup?

That should work fine (but was quite complicated to
implement as we have to call back euler1 with the
correct namespace prefixes). See also
that runs fine and does keep track of already
fetched resources as kind of reasoner session caching..

> It would be a big help if Euler could do PAW
> proofs faster than cwm. Here's one of our examples;
> could you try to run this on Euler?

We have seen speeds with YAP that are 2 orders of
magnitude better than the java version..
Hm.. your PAW example actually doesn't work and
I think it has to do with incomplete implementation
of log:conjunction in the antecedent of a rule..