DOM Scripting TF to say something about addEventListener

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 16:16:50 +0200
Cc: www-archive@w3.org
To: "Dean Edwards" <dean@edwards.name>

Hi Dean,

Not speaking officially on behalf of the W3C Web APIs WG here, but I think
the whole group would appreciate it if the DOM Scripting TF[1] says
something about the problems some script libraries and code examples[2]
seem to be introducing[3]. More specifically, tells people that if they
really want to use the capture phase they should be aware it never reaches
the node it is registered on. (In some browsers it does, but that will be
fixed.) Probably most of the examples out there really want
addEventListener(..., ..., false).

Cheers,

Anne

PS: Given that I couldn't find any contact details on the DOM Scripting TF
website I thought  I'd contact you. Hope you don't mind.

[1]<http://domscripting.webstandards.org/>
[2]<http://www.google.com/search?q=addEventListener%28*%2C*%2Ctrue%29%3B>
[3]<http://annevankesteren.nl/2006/03/addeventlistener>

--