travel cache: dev stuff, writings

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 07:58:46 -0600
To: www-archive+breadcrumbs@w3.org

the net was bad in cannes last week.

  - firefox offline mode was a disappointment. why can't I browse
everything I've seen in the last week, at least? just not giving it
enough cache space?
  - Should I start using a proxy cache a week before I leave on a trip?
cf ndw on wwwoffle
  - what were the problems with squid's architecture that prevented me
from investing in it?
  - aaronsw's archiverProxy
  - I just wanted to cite something I wrote a while ago. It's in a list
of writings I maintain one click from my homepage. LazyWeb: I want to
tell my browser (or machine): keep everything from certain paths from
my homepage.
  - python dev kit: pychecker, RDF lib, restructured text docs
  - surely everything I've committed in the last week or month should
follow me around on all the machines i use, no?
  - I want the JSON spec. big slice of wikipedia? or delicious popular
stuff under programming and python?
  - I prolly want to use some mix of firefox's cache and a hacked cache;
something where they talk to each other. can I switch cache settings
with a javascript bookmarklet?

see also w3t discussion of packaging. TAG issue?