RE: Script Element Processing (Was: [SVGMobile12] Question on details of when <script> elements execute)

On Mon, 14 Aug 2006, Doug Schepers wrote:

> > The idea is that the spec (now mostly written, by the way [1]) will be
> > compatible with existing content.
>
> But if the UAs don't agree (and my and others' tests show they don't),
> how can you be "compatible with existing content"?  Existing content
> relies on the behavior of the target UA.

I have done extensive studies of Web content to determine what content
depends on.

> > This isn't a dedicated spec on script processing. It's a minor part of
> > a spec for HTML.
>
> Why only for HTML? Surely we want to have the same script processing
> model across the board?

I encourage the SVG WG to use the same model. The HTML5 spec only defines
the HTML scripting processing model because it's the HTML5 spec and it
would be completely inappropriate for it to define, say, the SVG scripting
processing model.

I am skipping your technical questions because in my opinion you are
acting in bad faith, and I am no longer interested in taking part in the
reviewing of SVG 1.2. (Three examples of this bad faith are that you flat
out dismissed some of my comments, you didn't represent my comments fairly
in your disposition of comments, and you didn't highlight any of the
issues that I strongly disagreed with in your report to the director.)