Re: Add gzip support to XSLT service

From: Ted Guild <ted@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 10:13:31 -0400
To: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Cc: mf+xslt-service@w3.org, www-archive@w3.org

Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net> writes:

>   I just discovered http://www.w3.org/2005/08/online_xslt/ (how about an
> announcement on w3c-tools?) and I miss support for the Content-Encoding
> gzip; could that be added?

It's gradually replacing our widely used (by staff, various WGs and
public) XT based service dating back to 2000.

Before drawing more attention to it the UI could use a little more
polish and I should start a todos/bug report/feature request page.
The XT based service is being discouraged and in the near future all
that traffic will be transparently directed to this one which should
be included in the announcement.

By gzip I take it you want that for potentially all input sources,
xml, xsl and xsl:include document() etc as well as option to output
result in gzip.  Interesting, I'll add to todos page.  So as not to
have to check headers for every resource I might have it only look for
gzipped input if specified explicitly in the request.

Regards,

--
Ted Guild <ted@w3.org>
W3C Systems Team