Re: [Httplib2-discuss] trying to cache wikipedia pages

From: Joe Gregorio <joe.gregorio@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 15:13:01 -0400
To: "Dan Connolly" <connolly@w3.org>
Cc: httplib2-discuss@lists.sourceforge.net, www-archive@w3.org

On 4/19/06, Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org> wrote:
> If I implement max-stale, any chance you'll reconsider that
> design decision? Or will I have to maintain a fork?

I will accept a patch to incorporate max-stale. You're timing
is impeccable since I just today discovered a situation where
I may need max-stale myself :)

> Any suggestions on getting wikipedia to change their caching
> policy? Seems to me that no cache-control header at all
> is The Right Thing for them, no?

Given how rapidly I've seen their pages changes when
a topic is hot I'm not so sure what their caching
policy should be.

   -joe

--
Joe Gregorio        http://bitworking.org