Re: A minor question

(to www-archive)

On Thu, Mar 17, 2005 at 10:27:38PM -0800, Martin Gudgin wrote:
> All messages for which the XPath I gave below evaluates to true are SOAP
> faults.
> All messages for which the XPath evaluates to false are not SOAP faults.

I understand that position.  It's self-consistent, and also consistent
with many toolkit implementations.  But it's also not in the spec, and
more importantly, inconsistent with the HTTP binding.

> I don't know how to answer the question you ask about getLastFault
> because I don't know what the message look like. Perhaps you'd like to
> provide me a schema fragment?

Let's keep it simple and say that the last fault message is bit-for-bit
identical with the fault that would be returned from getLastFault if it
succeeded.  In other words, the last fault was a fault with
getLastFault.

Mark.