RDF diff applied to MailStorePuzzle?

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 11:35:31 -0500
To: www-archive+breadcrumbs@w3.org

[An idea for breadcrumbs, the research notebook blog I'm putting
together...]

For mail in my personal domain, I have a POP server on the Internet. I
grab the mail and then move it to an IMAP server on my LAN so that I can
get at it from different machines and clients and even scripts (e.g. One
for removing duplicates).

I can only do the pop->imail step from one client, or I get dups.

I wish filing mail was a sort of append-only idempotent operation, so
that one a message has been filed, duplicates would follow along.

I wonder about applying rdf diff/sync to make it more p2p.

I wonder if imap's folder-based naming will make it unworkable. It would
be nice if msgs just had one name, the message-id.

mobile: tel:+1-816-616-6576