Re: "information resource"

From: Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 15:29:14 -0400
Cc: www-archive@w3.org, Stuart Williams <skw@hp.com>, Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>

Only the document can speak for the document.
I have been attacked before for seeming to speaking for the group.
So I speak for myself -- but hope to help people understand the

Maybe I should say "my understanding of what the document means is"

When Norm says """The notion of "resources" and "information resources"
is, from my
perspective, a compromise designed to allow two world views to achieve
consensus."""  that suggets to me that he feels that the two world
views are incompatible and the document actually ducks the issue (like
the NS  document's famous "not a goal")

I would like to feel that the TAG in fact have a definition which we
can speak to, but apparently this is not the case and I have no way of
getting there.

On Sep 8, 2004, at 14:40, Dan Connolly wrote:

> On Wed, 2004-09-08 at 12:11, Tim Berners-Lee wrote:
> [...]
>> The model I use is...
> not relevant.
> Please let's focus on the document. Either support your
> argument from the webarch doc or propose to change it.
> --
Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (Darwin)