RE: FOAF / Language experts...

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 13:42:00 -0400
To: www-archive@w3.org

attached mail follows:

Dan, Nick,
    Do you mean to identify translation equivalents?  I'm not sure I
understand the question, but here are some things that may be
    WizTom - which will essentially do a search and replace on text.
It's a rough and ready mechanism for Web site and Windows apps
    EuroWordnet - semi-independent thesauri in different languages
linked by semantic equivalence.
    On-line MT - you will no doubt know of many on-line automatic
translation systems.
    Translation Memories - a way of re-using human translations.
    Statistical MT systems - these will use some kind of collocation
identifier to build phrasebooks of translations from data.  The Egypt
system is open source.
    It is certainly possible to have an in-line dictionary to add
translations to web pages.
I suspect this isn't really what you are after, so let me know.