Some initial comments about W3C Web Forms 2.0 Working Draft 9 March 2004

From: Fini A. Alring <fini.alring@bytefarmers.com>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 11:58:45 +0200
To: htmlforms@damowmow.com
Cc: www-archive@w3.org
Some initial comments about W3C Web Forms 2.0 Working Draft 9 March 2004

Re: the location type, why not have x,y,z instead of only x,y..?
Afterall the planet is not flat. it could be optional..?

Re: repetition model, this is imo nice - but I think it will be regarded
as overload, and skipped by implementors.

Re. the week type, note that week number is calculated differently
around the world (AFAIK).

Re: http://www.hixie.ch/specs/html/forms/web-forms#the-autocomplete
In the example the pin number should use type=password, although I know
you are demonstrating a feature.

Is there a new possibility to add custom validators? or will onchange
suffice? (Credit cards, CPR, Social security # etc..)

Best regards

  Fini A. Alring
  Systems Developer
  Bytefarmers.com / Unwire.dk