Re: [OEP] Draft of a note on n-ary relations

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 16:24:01 -0500
To: "Ralph R. Swick" <swick@w3.org>
Cc: www-archive@w3.org, Natasha Noy <noy@SMI.Stanford.EDU>, Alan Rector <rector@cs.man.ac.uk>, Dan Brickley <danbri@w3.org>, Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>

Ralph,

Browsing around the swbp-wg archives, I found this interesting
note:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2004May/att-0003/n-aryRelations.html

We've done some similar writing in the ESW wiki, and we
actually found 3 patterns:

"NaryRelations can be reduced to binary using various patterns:
ArgumentList, CurriedFunction, RecordDescription."
 -- http://esw.w3.org/topic/NaryRelations

RecordDescription is pretty much the same as "Pattern 2".

Perhaps CurriedFunction is like "Pattern 1" but I'm not sure;
I think it's somewhat novel. It's perhaps too obscure
or contrived to recommend as best practice. I like it a lot
but I don't think I have figured out how to explain why.

But I suggest you incorporate ArgumentList. It's quite
straightforward.

see you at the WWW2004 in NY 15-21 May?