Re: namespace URI

On Mar 31, 2004, at 09:59, ext Jeremy Carroll wrote:

> We need to finalize a namespace URI for this round of publications.
>
> I suggest we go with something on Patrick's TriX site since he does a
> good job of keeping it up to date.
>
> So suggest patrick gets to choose a URI directory and the following
> files therein:

The following suggestions follow our vocabulary versioning methodology,
which
keeps disjunct the identity of vocabularies from their representations
(i.e.
RDF/XML documents, etc.).

Major versions are indicated in the namespace name. Minor versions are
reflected
in the RDF/XML document names (see below).

So for each of the following, I propose both a namespace, and an
initial home
for the RDF/XML document:

xmlns:trix="http://sw.nokia.com/TriX-1/"

xmlns:rdfg="http://sw.nokia.com/RDFG-1/"

> - an swp namespace with RDFS/OWL Schema

xmlns:swp="http://sw.nokia.com/SWP-1/"

I'll then add the necessary links to the TriX homepage I've
been maintaining at http://sw.nokia.com/trix/.

And these vocabularies will be syndicated into the Nokia SW Server
such that one can access both human browsable and machine readable
(RDF) representations of the terms. I.e. simply doing a GET on
http://sw.nokia.com/RDFG-1/Graph will provide a description of
that class, etc.

Whether we want to employ the VOC vocabulary for vocabulary
descriptions [1] is an open question. If so, I'm happy creating
the RDF/XML documents accordingly. See [2] for an example.

Anyway, are the namespaces/URLs above OK with you guys?

Would the following dc:rights statement be adequate/acceptable:

[
Copyright (C) 2004 {AUTHORS' NAMES ORDERED AS ON PAPER}. All rights
reserved.

This document may be copied, published, and distributed, without
restriction
of any kind, provided it is not modified in any way.

THIS DOCUMENT IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY
KIND,
EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES
THAT
THE DOCUMENT IS FREE OF DEFECTS, MERCHANTABLE, FIT FOR A PARTICULAR
PURPOSE
OR NON-INFRINGING. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND USABILITY OF
THIS
DOCUMENT IS WITH YOU. SHOULD THIS DOCUMENT PROVE DEFECTIVE IN ANY
RESPECT,
YOU (NOT NOKIA, ITS LICENSORS OR AFFILIATES OR ANY OTHER CONTRIBUTOR)
ASSUME
THE COST OF ANY NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION.
]

(the Nokia legal trolls like that last bit to be in there, not that it
isn't
usually obvious to anyone with half a clue...)

Patrick

[1] http://sw.nokia.com/VOC-1
[2] http://sw.nokia.com/schemas/nokia/FN-1.0.rdf

--