Re: [w3photo] vocabulary update

At 1:36 PM +0100 04.3.27, Benjamin Nowack wrote:
>hmm, we get the same property naming problem with the syntax of coords
>for Circle (which has a radius) and Ellipse (x_radius and y_radius).
>
>do we have to rethink the coords property's name (e.g. change it to
>"attrs", "facets", "vals", "shapeInfo", ...) or even the whole property
>(e.g. split it into "x", "y", "points", "radius", ...)?
>
>I personally like the convenience of having a single property.

I'm not insisting on 'grammatically correct', but just afraid of confusion
and misuse. Perhaps, coords for circle and ellipse is OK because there
isn't much room for misunderstanding.

But for rectangle or box, 'coords' implies points, not length, thus 'x1,y1
x2,y2', at least for me.

People quite often use vocabulary, not by consulting spec or schema, but
just looking at someone's instance and his/her understanding of the
property name. This happens for RDFical 'dtend' or ev:enddate, which is
defined as 'non inclusive end of event' (i.e. the day after the final
date), but many many people use it as the final date of an event.

That's another reason I insist on using 'x1,y1 x2,y2' for rectangle, along
with to retain the syntax of existing vocabulary, e.g. Jim's one or
Fotonotes.

regards,