Re: [w3photo] Short! Important! Update!

Sorry I've been so out of the loop - here's some quick responses

At 13:08 -0500 3/26/04, Greg Elin wrote:
>Last week was very busy. I was remiss in sending out an update of
>exciting developments.
>
>WWW2004 Panel +1
>We have the go ahead from local hosts to do a panel on W3photo
>Tuesday or  Wednesday of WWW2004. We can also do a booth...if we can
>organize people/ourselves to have people at the booth.

panel is good, also  like the booth idea - but see below

>Privacy/Annotation Issues +1
>Great IRC discussion led to thinking of contributed photos like blog
>annotations/regions. This simplifies certain policy issues. Of
>course, this is the semantic web, so others can create annotations
>on their own sites that point to photos.

makes sense

>WWW2004 is a starting point +1
>AKTive Space is going to focus first on organizing conference
>material for www2004 and then go back to past years. It probably
>makes the most sense if we present w3photo at www2004 as the
>beginning of something rather than a finished presentation.

I would be upset if anyone ever considered this something different -
I only bought in to the current design (slightly Sem Webbie) because
I assumed we'd be doing more in the future

>Collaborative Workshop?
>Mike and I discussed if the w3photo booth should be more like a
>collaborative workshop...an ongoing opportunity for people to see
>and to explore the building of this archive.  Thoughts?

Why not run as a "kiosk" where people can bring photos, mark them up,
add markup, etc -- if we could get a couple of machines and people
would bring by USB disks w/photos on them, we could build the archive
dynamically and in real time...
--
Professor James Hendler			  http://www.cs.umd.edu/users/hendler
Univ of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742	  240-277-3388 (Cell)