Re: add Shift_JIS support to XSLT service?

From: Masahide Kanzaki <post@kanzaki.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 12:44:08 +0900
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>, Martin Duerst <duerst@w3.org>
Cc: ted+xslt-service@w3.org, mf+xslt-service@w3.org, www-archive@w3.org, Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>

Thank you very much for taking the encoding issue.

At 4:32 PM -0500 04.3.23, Martin Duerst wrote:
>We should definitely make sure that our XSLT service can be used
>with more than just a few simple encodings. Just adding
>Shift_jis doesn't really a good idea.

True, Shift_Jis is just an example. I found many Japanese weblogs (which
would be good candidates of GRDDL customers) use EUC-JP, probably because
it's easy to work with some database systems. Certainly authors around the
world use variety of languages/encodings.

regards,

--
KANZAKI, Masahide a.k.a. masaka
http://kanzaki.com/info/webwho.rdf