Re: Named graphs etc

On Mar 09, 2004, at 07:11, ext Pat Hayes wrote:
>> 1. Graphs published on the Semantic Web are not asserted
>
> Well, the trouble is that most folk think that they are being
> asserted, at present. So we have to preserve this understanding of
> current normal usage.

True. It's probably most practical to allow folks to presume that unless
explicitly stated that a graph is or isn't asserted, that it is
asserted.

My recent proposal for a bootstrapping intra-graph vocabulary reflects
the opposite
presumption, that unless explicitly marked as asserted, it's not, but
that's
easily fixed.

Patrick

--