[closed] Re: CWM bug + RFE: N3 to XML RDF fails on non-trivial Unicode

From: Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 12:08:09 -0500
Cc: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>, Sampo Syreeni <decoy@iki.fi>
To: www-archive+n3bugs@w3.org

Sampo,

Thanks for your message.
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2002Jun/0030.html

It was a while ago, I know,
but you sent it to  www-archive+n3bugs and we now track all of those
in an RDF bug list.

You raised two issues.

1. One was cwm crashing on unicode. This should be fixed.
The tests are

http://www.w3.org/2000/10/swap/i18n/detailed.tests#int001
http://www.w3.org/2000/10/swap/i18n/detailed.tests#int002
http://www.w3.org/2000/10/swap/i18n/detailed.tests#int003

2. The other was

> Also, it'd be nice to have a way to --think without adding the rules to
> the store, that is, something like --rules but with repetition till the
> store freezes. That sort of thing would really help when one needs to
> let
> CWM --think on data which will eventually be served publicly, without
> the
> rules used to come up with it.

This feature was added -- see
http://www.w3.org/mid/E8431E2D-8D3B-11D6-A536-000393914268@w3.org

The test is:
  http://www.w3.org/2000/10/swap/test/cwm/detailed.tests#cwm001

Note also the --data feature is useful for stripping rules out.

(an now to see whether the system will reset the bug as closed!)

Tim BL