Re: [w3photo] Image regions

Hi Mortern, all

At 11:04 PM +0100 04.1.21, Morten Frederiksen wrote:
>Heh, I don't know if that was a typo - namespage - but that's a very nice
>word, completely closes the isue with what's supposed to be at the end of a
>namespace. ;)

Ouch, it was a typo ;-) I agree with you for the need of a 'page' though.

>Great, I think perhaps we could develop a set of standard functions in
>various languages that did the bounding box computations, to make sure nobody
>is left out of the loop because of lack of tool support.

Yes, good idea.

>Also, I see in the logs that it is being suggested that regions should be
>identified by URI. I'm not sure I agree on that, since as Libby pointed out,
>regions are not directly displayable, and it paves the way for somewhat
>easier "desctruction" of regions by mistake.

Fragment id's for region seems tricky, because there are almost infinite
combinations of coordinates in an image. I think it's reasonable to have
rdf:ID's in annotation's region constructs. I mean, not:

 <Region rdf:about="image-uri#fragID">

but:

 <Region rdf:ID="idInAnnotation">

is much more manageable. People can mention to the region via this
annotation like:

 <rdf:Description rdf:about="annotationUri#idInAnnotation>
  <dc:description>more comments ...</dc:comments>

This will ensure people talking about the same topic (annotation).

>However, that would make it possible for a friendly service to add
>boundingBox properties to regions that didn't have them already...

You mean a third party can add boudingBox to the annotation without it ?
Maybe that's an idea. And I think idInAnnotation can help this. Make sense ?

cheers,

(I think I got around mail address, and hope this message will be archived)

--
KANZAKI, Masahide a.k.a. masaka
http://kanzaki.com/info/webwho.rdf