Re: [w3photo] privacy, copyright and images

I think that what libby suggests below is both sensible and workable
-- I would, however, hope that someone who knows more about the legal
issues takes a look at the license (and also if someone who knows
what it means would know if we can avoid some of these issues because
of the research exclusion to the "fare use" aspect of copyright law)
  -JH

At 18:16 +0000 1/13/04, Libby Miller wrote:

[snip]
>------------------------
>
>Discussion starts here:
>http://www.ilrt.bris.ac.uk/discovery/chatlogs/rdfig/2004-01-13.html#T16-22-07

>Suggestions:
>1. one license for the core set of photos held on server
>http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/1.0/
>
>2. remove any photos from the core collection that people don't wish to
>be there, without quibble, as long as either they created the photo or
>are depicted in it
>
>3. undertake to correct any errors in the metadata from the core
>collection, and remove identification of people in the metadata if
>requested by them
>
>4. reserve the right to remove photos and metadata from the core
>collection for any reason (but in practice don't do this unless there's
>a really good reason)
>
>Explanations follow.
[snip]
--
Professor James Hendler			  http://www.cs.umd.edu/users/hendler
Univ of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742	  240-277-3388 (Cell)