Re: OWL Working group

Sorry for the delay in responding...

On Tue, 2004-02-10 at 17:30, Todd Ellner wrote:
> Dear Sir,
>
> I am an engineer who spends most of his time designing ontologies and
> logics. I was not aware of the OWL and RDF projects until recently. Now
> they have become indispensable to my work.

Thanks for the kind words!

>  I am not a member of any of
> the W3C's working groups but would like to contribute in any way
> possible to these projects. Is there any way I could join the OWL
> working group?

The straightforward way is for SnapBuild to join W3C; see...

  Apply for W3C Membership
  http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Prospectus/Joining

If SnapBuild joins W3C, you would have the right to participate
in the WebOnt/OWL WG. But it would mostly
be test suite maintenance and discussion of errata; not very
exciting stuff.

I think the best opportunity for somebody to get involved
is...

  1-2 March 2004 Meeting of the W3C Semantic Web Interest Group
  Cannes-Mandelieu FRANCE
  http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/interest/meetings/tp2004.html

Meanwhile, the main public discussion forum for OWL is
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-logic/
and you're welcome to participate there. We also
have a wiki; see, for example,
  http://esw.w3.org/topic/OwlTools

I hope one or more of these opportunities helps you
get more involved in W3C's work.

> Thank you in advance,
> Todd Ellner
> Senior Engineer
> SnapBuild Communications
see you at the W3C Tech Plenary in Cannes 1-5 Mar 2003?