[w3photo] image and image region vocabulary (proposal)

On 09.02.2004 23:21:17, Libby Miller wrote:

>I've upated http://esw.w3.org/topic/W3PhotoVocabs and the examples in
>http://sw1.ilrt.org/discovery/2004/01/w3photo-examples/ using a pretend
>url for the new vocab: http://www.w3.org/2004/02/image#.
>
>I can change again depending on what we decide. The parts of image
>annotation vocab has a broader application than the w3photo project, so
>I think it would make sense to have it on the w3c site (which has a good
>persistence policy) much like the icalendar[1] and geo[2] vocabs.
>However Dan is travelling right now, so I don't know when he'll be able
>to put something up there.

I've adjusted my stuff and replaced the image regions namespace uri [1]
with [2]. If we really get an "official" w3.org namespace, I'd agree with
Masahide that this should include width and height as well (though the
semantics are different from Jim's terms, that can be both used for images
and regions). And it should have connections to foaf:Image. I'm not sure
about depicts and depiction though: deployment-friendly re-using from foaf
vs. re-defining+mapping and having a complete image vocabulary.

For easier discussion, I put a proposal for [2] online. It follows the
latter approach and redefines the terms from the foaf vocab but redundant
terms can easily be removed:

RDFS+OWL version: summary (HTML)
      http://www.bnowack.de/w3photo/pages/image_spec_rdfsowl
RDFS+OWL version: Documentation (HTML)
      http://www.bnowack.de/w3photo/pages/image_doc_rdfsowl
RDFS+OWL version: serialization (RDF/XML):
      http://www.bnowack.de/w3photo/specs/ontology8

OWL DL version: summary (HTML)
      http://www.bnowack.de/w3photo/pages/image_spec_dl
OWL DL version: serialization (RDF/XML):
      http://www.bnowack.de/w3photo/specs/ontology7

what do you think?

benjamin

[1] http://www.wasab.dk/morten/2004/01/image-regions-schema.rdf#