Re: [w3photo] Re: w3photo vocabulary

To the extent that makes sense, Libby, we can certainly use w3photo as
a temporary name space. It probably even makes sense to have an
explicit name space for the vocabs related to *this* project. That way
we nicely delimit this experiment from other evolving vocabs.

I'm thinking in along a two year horizon. For the at least the next two
years, we probably want a name space very specific to this project so
it can easily be changed...and experimented with minimal agenda
conflicts.  Then, as the vocabulary around parts of images, exif data,
and images+events matures, we can see more clearly what makes sense for
a permanent namespace.

In selecting a permanent namespace, I think we need to consider the
following:

1) Is this a new namespace or a proposed extension for an existing name
space?
2) Is the namespace only for images or does it extend to other
visual/multimedia (after all, some of the vocabs we are discussing do
even if we aren't implementing those pieces in this project ?

Greg