[w3photo] Re: w3photo vocabulary

Hi Masahide and all,

yes, sorry, I've been lazy the last week and will add the
missing terms from the image regions vocab prototype [1]
today. Nevertheless we still have this "new namespace"
issue. (I'm currently experimenting with terms such as
w3photo:Annotation for w3photo specific annotations
(i.e. "MUST have author" etc.), there is absolutely
no need to have them in a general photo vocab. but there
are some new terms we should define somewhere)

Maybe we should first decide if we are going to add the
additional terms (which aren't really many) to an existing
vocab such as Jim's (if he'd accept that..) or if we are
going to set up a namespace and build a (partly) new vocab
such as the one by Morten and Jim [1].

And I don't know if "OWL vs. RDFS" is already decided on.
Although I joined this project to push OWL a little ;-),
I'd vote for an "rdfs:Class"-based vocab now. (We could
still offer an integrating OWL or OWL DL ont)

I agree with Masahide that clearer info would be helpful.
I'm struggling with all the vocabs and their redundancies
as well. here are the onts/namespaces that I'm currently
trying to integrate, it would be nice if we could at least
merge some of those dealing with photos:

[creative commons, RDFS]
   xmlns:cc="http://web.resource.org/cc/"
[mindswap conference, OWL Lite]
   xmlns:conf="http://www.mindswap.org/~golbeck/web/www04photo.owl#"
[dublin core, RDFS]
[foaf, RDFS+OWL]
   xmlns:foaf="http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/"
[jim's photo vocab, RDFS]
   xmlns:image="http://jibbering.com/vocabs/image/#"
[image regions, uses owl:subClassOf, but would be OWL Lite otherwise]
 xmlns:imreg="http://www.wasab.dk/morten/2004/01/image-regions-schema.rdf"
[mindswap multimedia, OWL, but uses owl:subPropertyOf, daml:collection]
   xmlns:tec="http://www.mindswap.org/~glapizco/technical.owl#"
[dummy namespace for additional terms]
   xmlns:w3photo="http://www.example.com/specs/w3photo#"
   - boundingBox
   - image regions and coords if we don't use [1]

Afterwards Libby's well-elaborated vocabulary description at the Wiki
could be updated and we'd be done? or are there still more open issues?

benjamin

[1] http://www.wasab.dk/morten/2004/01/image-regions-schema.rdf