Re: same-syntax extensions to RDF

On Thu, 2004-12-16 at 00:11 -0500, Sandro Hawke wrote:
[...]
> So most of the LX ontology is just a straightforward transcription of
> a textbook description of FOL syntax into the slightly odd world of
> RDF triples, where rather than the BNF
>
>     <conjunction> ::= <formula> '&' <formula>
>
> we have Conjunction as a class, and two properties conjLeft and
> conjRight with domain Formula and range Conjunction.

But you also mean to say that "any fine number of applications
of these rules yeilds an element of the class Formula" and such,
right? That's a case of "generalization to infinitely many cases".
 http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/Logic#L736

i.e. it's not a first-order system.

As I said, numbers and formulas have a lot in common.

D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E