Re: The XML Schema GRDDL Story

On Wed, 2004-12-08 at 17:18 +0100, Dominique Hazaël-Massieux wrote:
> Le mer 08/12/2004 à 00:41, Dan Connolly a écrit :
> > > I think GRDDL is enough.
> > >
> > > I'm working on an example based on the purchase order schema
> > > from the XML Schema primer.
> > >   http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-0/#po1.xsd
>
> Great thing that it works!

Thanks!

>  The main limitation as I see it is that it
> requires that the XML Schema be served at the namespace location.

Uh... I don't see that as a limitation... that's kinda like
saying "the main problem with HTML links is that the target of
the link has to be served at the href location." That's how the
web works.
cf http://www.w3.org/TR/webarch/#namespace-document

>  As a
> corollary, using xsi:schemaLocation to link to the actual XML Schema is
> not interpreted by GRDDL as of today. Maybe would that be a useful
> addition?

On the one hand, xsi:schemaLocation is counter to the whole
"ground your terms in the web" theme of the semantic web.
On the other hand, GRDDL is partly about reaching out to folks
that aren't quite there yet. So maybe. But I'd like to think
we don't have to reach quite *that* far.

> Dom
D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E