Re: WS-Addressing and URIs

On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 10:07:27PM -0500, Dan Connolly wrote:
> > EPRs are structured identifiers, yet not URIs.  You don't see a problem
> > with that?
>
> perhaps, but not something new to the TAG. We've said our
> piece on this...
>   http://www.w3.org/TR/webarch/#pr-use-uris

Right, but the TAG has been known to take action in the past to ensure
Web-arch principles are respected by W3C work, viz a viz SOAP 1.2 & GET.
Obviously WS-Addressing isn't yet a W3C work item, but I was hoping that
this could at least be red-flagged now, before any work is done (and
before any WG is chartered).

> > There's a bunch of other issues too, I was just focusing on what I felt
> > to be the most obvious one.  Consider wsa:To and how it supercedes the
> > HTTP Request-URI, or wsa:Action and how it supercedes the HTTP request
> > method...

> > > Yes. The TAG has no responsibility for submissions, as far as I know.
> >
> > *shrug*  Well, the TAG hears appeals of rejected submissions.
>
> oh... hmm... well, in theory, at least.

Too bad we didn't get a chance to see that part of the Process at work
on WS-Addressing. 8-/

Mark.