Re: Language document update

I'm not done drafting this, but my laptop and mailer are kinda
iffy, so I'm sending what I've got so far...

On Mon, 2004-08-09 at 11:13, Seaborne, Andy wrote:
> Eric and I have been working on the language document and will continue to
> do so.
>
>     http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rq23/
>
> This is still incomplete. The goal of the document is to meet the needs of
> someone wanting a complete description of the language and also to define
> the language in precise terms.
>
> We would like comments on any area but especially:
>
> + Sections 2,3,4, which start on SELECT, constraints and optionals.
> + document structure
> + approach of mixing examples and formal description.

hmm...
"Patterns are descriptions of graphs with named variables in place of
some of the graph labels." sorta looks like a definition;
should probably be either loser "patterns are typically..." or
tighter: "a pattern is a graph over labels and variables".

"In executing a query, a processor will find the ways in which values
can be assigned to variables to produce subgraphs of the target graph."

I'd like to avoid "processor". suggest something more like

  The result of a query is an assignment of variables to values.