Re: RDFQ paragraph in QL chapter

On Apr 15, 2004, at 16:48, ext Chris Bizer wrote:

> Hi Patrick,
>

>>> \section{Query Languages}
>>> There are currently two query languages for Named Graphs:
>>> RDFQ~\cite{StricklerRDQL}
>>
>> {SticklerRDFQ} ?
>
> 32. P. Strickler. RDFQ. http://sw.nokia.com/rdfq/RDFQ.html, 2004

I.e., that should be "Stickler", not "Strickler"

(see my sig below...  ;-)

> Wouldn't it be nice, if you would use the same query as I did with
> TriQL
> based on the TriG example from Section 3. Then people could easily
> compare
> both languages.

The following RDFQ query (serialized using Turtle~\cite{turtle})
identifies people having email addresses, selecting and extracting
the person identifier and email address value pairs; furthermore, the
query is restricted to statements occurring in graphs asserted by
Chris after January 31, 2003:

\begin{rdfenv}

@prefix :     <http://sw.nokia.com/RDFQ-1/> .
@prefix xsd:  <http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#> .
@prefix ex:   <http://www.example.org/exampleVocabulary/> .
@prefix doc:  <http://www.example.org/document/> .

[:select ("person" "email");
  :graph  [ex:author doc:Chris; ex:date [:gt "2003-01-31"^^xsd:date]];
  :target [:id "person"; ex:email [:id "email"]]].

\end{rdfenv}

(note that you forgot to declare xmlns:xsd in your example...)

OK?

Patrick

--

Patrick Stickler