Re: Warrent or PublishingEvent or Commitment and Cardinality

On Apr 07, 2004, at 18:44, ext Chris Bizer wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I had a look at the swp.rdfs schema and
>

> 1. I'm thinking now that "PublishingEvent" is too restrictive. Somebody
> might name an publish a graph. Somebody else might quote it, a third
> person
> might also assert it ... So what about calling the thing "Commitment",
> term which is open for all kinds of relationsships, even others beside
> of
> asserting and quoting.

I'm really liking "Certification", (or else "Voucher").

I think commitment may suggest alot more legal machinery (or need for
comprehensive explainations) than we want to bother with...

> 2. Patrick's comment in the schema defines the cardinality between a
> "warrent" or whatever it is called and a graph as a one-to-one
> relation.

Given that a signature in a warrant/certification would be graph
specific,
I'm not sure how this relationship wouldn't be percieved to be
one-to-one
(not that I think the language of the comment necessarily states so
strict
a cardinality).

> think there are many situations, where you want to attach several
> graphs to
> one warrent, e.g. your are a information intermediary and you want to
> say
> that you quote all the 500 graphs you pass on.

But how would you sign the warrant?

Patrick

--

Patrick Stickler