Re: Few questions about REST

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 20:53:26 -0400
To: Sergey Beryozkin <sberyozkin@zandar.com>
Cc: www-archive@w3.org

Hi.  Sorry for the delay; lots on my plate...

On Mon, Sep 29, 2003 at 05:07:32AM -0400, Sergey Beryozkin wrote:
> Mark,
>
> can you please answer just on this question :
>
> > > There, I would have used "SOAPAction", except that SOAPAction doesn't
> > > support a mandatory strength declaration; i.e. it can't say "this
> > > extension is critical to understanding the semantics of this message".
>
> What is required for "SOAPAction" to support it and for external parties to
> recognize that "SOAPAction" specifies such an extension ?

Well, it's too late for SOAPAction.  But if we were still working on
SOAP 1.2, I would use something like;

That would indicate that the action URI MUST be recognized, or else a
fault must be generated.  If strength were not specified, or had value
"may", then it would work as SOAPAction did.

Mark.