Ruby for iPAQ

----- Forwarded message from Kero van Gelder <kero@d3075.upc-d.chello.nl> -----

From: Kero van Gelder <kero@d3075.upc-d.chello.nl>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 23:50:40 +0200
To: danbri@w3.org
Subject: Ruby for iPAQ

Hi!

After managing to cross-compile it all, I dropped various Ruby 1.8
packages in:

   http://www.handhelds.org/feeds/ruby/

(have a look at this link with your browser, as well as putting it in
your ipkg.conf).
Only contains bare Ruby so far (been kept busy with openssh (seen the
patches?) and ppp, as well as a borked iPAQ after trying to upgrade
the unstable feed...), but that's the important stuff to test.

The other packages in there are old, the binary ones are unlikely to
work at all.

I've quick tested irb: readline works, a simple Ruby/Tk program seemed
to work as well. any specific libraries of Ruby you happen to have
small testprograms for is nice; extra coverage of Ruby/Tk would be
nice as well.

Comments on dependencies are welcome as well (I've tried to come up
with some useful split up, but second opinions are always helpful).

Thanks!
Kero.

wanna keep developing software?
http://EuropeSwPatentFree.internautas.org/

|  all the meaningless and empty words I spoke      |
|                      Promises -- The Cranberries  |
+--- M38c --- http://httpd.chello.nl/k.vangelder ---+

----- End forwarded message -----