Re: Few questions about REST

From: Siarhei Biarozkin <sberyozkin@zandar.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 16:49:06 +0100
To: "Mark Baker" <distobj@acm.org>
Cc: <www-archive@w3.org>

Hi Mark,

Just a little bit more on late-binding.
I've just found in
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-arch/2002Jun/0243.html this :

" Dynamic Binding - The WSDL PortType is not known or set at development
time. Neither is the location. The service requestor is repsonsible for
finding a service it wants to use, introspecting the portType and invoking
it using a DII or a runtime generated Stub or Proxy. (scenario: Hospital
doesn't do contracts with vendors and always polls a set of vendors for
best available price on gloves. If there are no standard PortTypes for
price quotes and ordering gloves, the softward could introspect a variety
of WSDLs looking for a certain message signature or variations of a message
signature it can recognize as a getPrice or orderGloves operation. Since we
don't have many (or ANY!) stardized PortTypes yet.... you can see how this
has to happen. )"

The following message says that a standard message format is necessary, but
it doesn't seem to be strictly required.
I guess it answers my question on a possible programming model for a client
who accesses late-bound services. As far as an application is concerned,
there could be several modules, one processing late-bound soap-services,
another one - late-bound xml services, etc Then the output from all of them
is routed to a normalizer, etc

Any comments ?

Cheers
Sergey