Smoking panel @ ISWC

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 11:16:29 -0700
To: www-archive@w3.org

Welty: 2 folkds meet. Book/libro. That's the world for these folks.

1 ontology? A few

Mitre guy: "e.g. 12staff months to map between aviation schemas w 7k
attributes"

. Interop is funded point-to-point
. Few incentives to build in greater agility
. exploitation, not just capture!
amen!

"dod net-centric ...."

Pat: this discussion is like gourmets arguing over fine wine when
zillions of people are starving. They just need a little bit of an
answer to "how do I mark up my web page?"

. Fractal network structure... Cost/benefit of ontologies as some
scale.
@@pls write up/down
Fallacy: "because we're talking about the same world, we're agreeing"

Discussion... Part of vs. Connected to... Philosophy.

Welty: conceptual modelling patterns.

Dc q's: standardization now cost-effective? (hayes covered it)

Amen to exploitation