Re: pls tag older faster version of cwm and swap tree

From: Dominique HazaŽl-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: 26 Mar 2003 09:27:50 +0100
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Cc: www-archive+n3bugs@w3.org, Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>, Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>
Le mar 25/03/2003 ŗ 22:33, Dan Connolly a ťcrit :
> as discussed in IRC

Done. I tagged them as "fast_for_dom"
http://cvs.w3.org/Team/WWW/2000/10/swap/?only_with_tag=fast_for_dom

To get an idea of the speed degradation, I did a generation of
http://www.w3.org/2002/01/tr-automation/tr.rdf using the rules in
http://www.w3.org/2002/01/tr-automation/Makefile with my current older
faster version and one with the latest CVS checkout, and the difference
is 10 fold!:
- my day to day cwm
real	4m47.362s
user	3m7.100s
sys	0m0.410s
- latest CVS checkout:
real	46m50.123s
user	37m15.270s
sys	0m0.880s

Of course, I'm not claiming this is a perfect benchmark, but the
difference is such that it doesn't leave any real doubt, I guess :)
[Note that 47 minutes to generate the TR page puts it at risk for
anybody wanting to use in an operational mode].

Hope this helps,

Dom
W3C/ERCIM
mailto:dom@w3.org