Starting work on the glossary project

From: Dominique HazaŽl-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: 25 Mar 2003 11:31:46 +0100
To: eikeon@eikeon.com
Cc: Pierre Candela <Pierre.Candela@sophia.inria.fr>, www-archive@w3.org
Hi Daniel,

We met at the last W3C Tech Plenary and discussed together the core work
needed for the design of the underlying RDF Schema of a W3C glossary.

I've put Pierre Candela in CC: he's the intern working from France on
the actual implementation of the glossary.

been open, I hope we can move forward on designing a good data model and
the related RDF schema for the project. Is there a specific way you
would like to proceed for that? For the record, the minutes of the
meeting we had during the TP are there:
http://www.w3.org/2003/03/07-glossary.html

Besides, Pierre has started to look at the various APIs and tools
available to work efficiently with RDF. Since his predilection
programming language seems to be Java, he has been looking especially at
Jena for now, and just started to look at RedLand. Of course, I've
pointed him to RDFLib, even though it is in Python (I believe Python is
enough to learn if needed anyway). Are there any other tools he should
have a look at? Any page summarizing their advantages/problems?

Thanks,

Dom
W3C/ERCIM
mailto:dom@w3.org