RE: resources and URIs

Well... I wish I understood the case for it being so wrong... 'illegal' in
Tim's words.

To be frank... I don't understand it... and don't see the need for the
constraint... and I know I'm addressing a champion of the 'minimal
constraint' principle.

Last time you and I spoke about it you spoke in less black and white terms
and about an 'economic' rationale - it is more 'costly' done this way... but
I have failed to recreate that discussion... did you write it down anywhere?
Equally, if some argument has convinced you to take a more absolute stance
I'd be interested to know what it is/was.

FWIW you will also see use of http scheme URI (without fragments) in SOAP1.2
Part 2 recommendation [1] to name features and properties.

Stuart
--
[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/REC-soap12-part2-20030624/#soapfeatspec

Sigh.