Re: RDF

On Tuesday, Jan 28, 2003, at 23:41 US/Eastern, Mark Baker wrote:

> You know, while reading Tim's discussion of returned representations,
> and thinking through whether caching breaks in TimBL's model, I think
> I've come to an important conclusion; there is no difference between
> saying that a URI identifies a car, versus saying that it identifies a
> "conceptual work" about the car.
>
> The reason I believe this is because if you have URIs for each of the
> above, any client would be unable to distinguish between the two
> because
> the returned representations would be identical for all time.  By
> definition (in the REST model, at least), those URIs identify the same
> resource.

You got it.
There is no difference - to a web browser, or proxy or server.
That's why the two positions have been arbitrary and Roy and I
have not had to sort this out till now.
That's because web browsers don't think about cars.

There is a big difference to an inference engine which has been
told that its both!