You've got questions? We've got weird bits of text that will make no sense in the morning.

From: Aaron Swartz <me@aaronsw.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 19:58:10 -0500
Cc: www-archive@w3.org
To: Mark Pilgrim <f8dy@diveintomark.org>

[cc-ing www-archive in case i want to link to these]

> RDFLib is a Python package which can read and write RDF files,
> including FOAF files.

You might also like TRAMP, which makes RDFLib a bit more Pythonic:
http://www.aaronsw.com/2002/tramp

> Using it on my FOAF file makes me suspect that Iím missing something
> important. Every RDF statement should have a subject, predicate, and
> object, but all of the statements in my FOAF file have only a
> predicate and object. How do I say ďIĒ in FOAF?

Tradition in FOAF is to generally use anonymous nodes (nodes with no
URI, so the parser has to generate one) and then use homepage, email
and other properties to figure out who's who. Frankly, I think this is
a stupid idea and give my foafy self a URI (http://me.aaronsw.com/).

> Aaron Swartz has previously recommended a FOAF-specific LINK tag, but
> I donít know that anyone actually uses that (Aaron doesnít at the
> moment).

I use it on my site, not my weblog.

> Iíd like to use the Creative Commons framework to specify the
> copyright information for each of these projects, but I canít quite
> figure out how to specify that a project is governed by the GNU Free
> Documentation License. Letís see, whoís the guru with this stuff?
> Aaron, I think. Must ask Aaron.

     <rdf:Description rdf:about="http://diveintoosx.org/">
       <dc:title>Dive Into OS X</dc:title>
       <dc:description>A free repository for Mac OS X system
administrators</dc:description>
       <cc:license rdf:resource="http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl" />
     </rdf:Description>

Hopefully this helps you on your path to Semantic Web enlightenment.

All the best,
--
Aaron Swartz [http://www.aaronsw.com] "Curb your consumption," he said.