RelaxNG Schema for RSS 1.0 Core

From: Joseph Reagle <reagle@mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 18:24:37 -0400
To: rss-dev@yahoogroups.com

Friends, you can find my first stab at a RelaxNG Schema for RSS 1.0 Core at:

 rss.rng -- validates the core with extensible item content
	models quiet nicely.
 dc.rng -- a working extension of the rss.rng schema that
	attempts but fails to constrain elements in the
	namespace associated with the dc:prefix .
 test.rss -- an rss instance I tested the above with

Presently, what I'm trying to do with dc.rng is beyond my relanxNG kung-fu
(or not possible?). I'd like the dc:BAD element in the excerpt from
test.rss to cause a failure when validated with dc.rng:

  <item rdf:about="http://xml.com/pub/2000/08/09/xslt/xslt.html">
    <title>Processing Inclusions with XSLT</title>
     Processing document inclusions with general XML tools can be
     problematic. This article proposes a way of preserving inclusion
     information through SAX-based processing.
    <dc:creator>Joseph Reagle</dc:creator>
    <dc:BAD>Joseph Reagle Jr.</dc:BAD> <!-- it'd be nice if dcc.rng choked
on this -->
    <foo xmlns="http://example.org/foo">bar</foo>