RE: F2F social arrangements

I popped in to Seely's on the way home, and it seems quite nice.
unfortunately they don't do any food (restaurant or bar food) on a
Sunday evening. I think this is a problem, as people will be arriving
hungry as well as thirsty...

I'd go for the Hope and Anchor on Jacobs Wells road, who serve food till
9.30 on a sunday. But it might be too small, I dunno...

[[
Hope and Anchor (38 Jacobs Wells Road, Hotwells, Somerset) (0117)
9292987. This pub is close to the water on the edge of town opposite
Constitution Hill. It doesn't look much from the outside with plain big
windows and half curtains, but don't be fooled as the inside is all
traditional wooden floors chairs and tables. Some pews and a secluded
area for two in a corner near the beer cellar on the way to the toilets.
The 'L' shaped bar (round to right on entrance) has old hops around it
and the bar back is ancient 1950's. They usually have five beers on but
only three when visited: Otter Bitter, Butts Barbus Barbus, and
Feilinfoel Double Dragon. Food is served all day and is rather sumptuous
with Falafel, chicken and many sandwiches. The ploughman's is famous
round these parts and you have a choice of over 15 different cheeses,
spicy chicken and pate to have with it. It comes not on a plate, but a
carving plate! It comes in at just 5.75. There are also a good few
choices for veggies. That said it's not a family pub. The secluded
raised beer garden (with lots of steps) out back is good for the summer.
Disabled access is possible, though the toilets are small and narrow.
Look out for the pub cat. No accommodation here but try: Oakfield, 52/54
Oakfield Road, Bristol, BS8 2BG. 1 km from the centre of Bristol. Price
21-30 for en-suite.
]]

http://www.beerguide.co.uk/towns/bristol.htm

Libby