Addition/Correction to Web Authoring FAQ: HTML Tables

From: Dominique HazaŽl-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: 12 Sep 2002 13:45:29 +0200
To: darin@htmlhelp.com
Cc: www-archive@w3.org

Hi there,

Your HTML FAQ has the following entry:
"How do I align a table to the right (or left)?

You can use <TABLE ALIGN="right"> to float a table to the right."
http://www.htmlhelp.com/faq/html/tables.html#align-table

I suggest you mention the right way to do this is to use a style sheet
applying the following rule on the said table:
{ margin-right:0 ; margin-left:auto ;}

Note that this is the only authorized way for an HTML document complying
with the HTML 4 Strict DTD.

Regards,

Dom
W3C/INRIA