FW: Proposals for remaining editorial spec issues

Forwarding...

-----Original Message-----
From: Jean-Jacques Moreau [mailto:moreau@crf.canon.fr]
Sent: Monday, August 26, 2002 01:31
To: Martin Gudgin
Cc: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen; Marc Hadley; noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com;
Nilo Mitra; W3C Archive
Subject: Re: Proposals for remaining editorial spec issues

In general, I concur with Gudge's +1's. Further comments below.

Jean-Jacques.

Martin Gudgin wrote:

> > 284 [14]
> >
> > Remove "binding-specific" in part 2, section 4. There is no reason
> > that this address should be binding specific in any way. The SOAP
> > RPC representation is completely independent of this.
>
> Ok with me, what do the other editor's think?

On reflection, I also think we should remove "binding-specific". (Why
should the RPC mechanism have intimate knowledge of the binding used?)

> > 289 [5]
> >
> > No action. Reason is that we don't say anything about how the
> > forwarding feature is defined for any SOAP messages other than
> > stating that it is a feature. This also apply to SOAP faults--they
> > are just a certain type of SOAP messages.
>
> Hmmm, I think people may have different expectation here, but I can
> live with no action.

See my earlier email today. To recap, I think we should add an extra
sentence or two reemphasing the fact that this is all up to each
routing/forwarding feature definition.