Re: More on XHTML as text/html

From: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 09:17:46 -0000
To: "Christopher Hoess" <choess@stwing.upenn.edu>, "Aaron Swartz" <me@aaronsw.com>
Cc: <www-archive@w3.org>, <ian@hixie.ch>

"Aaron Swartz" <me@aaronsw.com>
> On Monday, November 25, 2002, at 10:18  PM, Christopher Hoess wrote:
> > Appendix C [says] the use of other XML namespaces is not valid in
> > XHTML 1.0 documents
> I covered this in my last email. Appendix C informative and it doesn't
> say that.

Appendix C may be informative, but 5.1 is normative, and it clearly says
that only content which follow Appendix C can be labeled as text/html,
it's informative simply because you SHOULD be using the correct mime-type
of application/xhtml+xml, so any compatibility requirements with html are
really irrelevant.

Jim.