Re: [httpRange-14] What do HTTP URIs Identify?

From: Aaron Swartz <me@aaronsw.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 16:33:55 -0500
Cc: www-archive@w3.org, Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>

On Wednesday, July 31, 2002, at 04:30  PM, Dan Connolly wrote:
>> <http://fielding.org/Roy/> :content-location
>> <http://fielding.org/Roy/index.html> .
> Hmm... I would have though content-location related the
> response message to index.html.
Hm, http:content-location apparently does...

"The Content-Location entity-header field MAY be used to supply the
resource location for the entity enclosed in the message when that
entity is accessible from a location separate from the requested
resource's URI."
  - RFC 2616, section 14.14

I guess the content-location used above is an abbreviation of:
<URI> http:representation [ http:content-location <URI/index.html>] .
--
Aaron [http://www.aaronsw.com] 4FAC4838B7D8D13FA6D92EDB4145521E79F0DF4B