RE: (offlist) Re: Datatyping Summary

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 13:03:23 -0000
To: "Patrick Stickler" <patrick.stickler@nokia.com>, "ext Graham Klyne" <Graham.Klyne@MIMEsweeper.com>
Cc: "Brian McBride" <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>, <www-archive@w3.org>

> Though I'd very much like your comments to my question in
> my MT commments to Pat, that insofar as the actual denoted
> values are concerned, I wonder if either TDL or S can
> ensure entailment, since RDF is stuck with non-canonical
> lexical forms. C.f. the last comment in

My ideal outcome for the datatyping discussion is something like we agree on
TDL or S-P (perhaps with an S-A idiom but S-P semantics) and then Pat works
his model theoretic magic so that the literal strings somehow vanish from
the model theory.

I, never having got passed the apprentice stage, can't weave such wonders.

Jeremy